Adopting Isaac

Monday, January 22, 2007

Yay! Finally Some Semi Good News!

Since about the 8th we have been really down about the adoption because of something one of the agency employees said, so Friday I put in a message with the head woman at the adoption agency regarding the comment. The comment was that AFTER referral (which is 3-6 months from when dossier was sent in December), there was ANOTHER 3 month wait, THEN the travel time (which is 3-4 months). So we were wondering why there was an extra 3 month wait(between referral and travel). Today the head woman at the agency called me and I explained what I was told and she said I was misinformed that there is referral and then travel time is 3-4 months!! :D She also said that its starting to move quickly and more referrals will be given out in the next week. She said I should call in a month and she'll have a better idea of where I am on the waiting list :D So yay i might have a actual timeline! But for right now it seems we're still on track for referral around March or April and travel in June or July!!!!

-S

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is good news! I'm glad the wait is not as lengthy as little Miss Incompetent told you.
We're already closing in on the end of January so March/April will be here before you know it!!
Best to you both! -Amy

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger singletracey said...

YEAH YEAH! About time for some good news! The time is going to fly by!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Very cool! I hope the good news (even semi-good news) keeps flowin' in!!

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger battynurse said...

yay!!!! Good news always makes you feel so much better. I can't wait to hear you have your referral and that he'll be coming home soon.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Whoo Hooo! This is great news! Im so excited for you. I hope the next month flies by so you find out where you stand in the waiting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home