Adopting Isaac

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I600A - sucks a big fatty!!!!!!

Aggravated!! Ok for those of you who are not familiar with adoption forms and processes, I will explain this I600A.

The I600A is a Petition for Orphan Adoption. It is an application that usually takes around 90 days to process and it is for Homeland Security. It requires a completed Home Study.

So September 26th I send the I600A to USCIS to be processed. I tell my Home Study Agency that I sent it and they said they would send the Home Study when its prepared to USCIS. I called today since it has been around 90 days. The lady says they don't have my home study O_O ACK! So I call and email my Home Study agency and they said that they DIDN'T send it!! WHAT!! Now I looked at the USCIS documentation and it said that the Home Study has to be less than 6 months old when processing and until they receive the home study and the application the clock doesn't start "ticking"... so now I will be put back at the BOTTOM of the list and the home study is already 3 months old! We are so worried that the home study will be expired by the time they go to process it. This is frustrating, we're also cutting it close with that being approved before a referral.

-S

5 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger The Mother Hen said...

AHH I am so sorry that that happened. Did they apologize for the mistake at least? Can they expedite it somehow? I really hope so.

 
At 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so frustrating. Sometimes I wonder if those folks processing the paperwork realize that this means that the child has to wait longer to be put with their families. Shouldnt that be the most important part of the PAPERWORK!!! Sorry, I had to vent for you! Its all part of the bigger picture :)

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

wtf??! I'd be furious... but it's probably just 'one more thing' you two have had to face during this process. I certainly hope it gets straightened out!! Caleb deserves to be with two such loving ladies SOONER rather than later.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am very sorry. Gosh I don't even know what to say.... I can't believe that crap! I hope they get it straightened out very soon for you girls. Try to stay positive.... I am so sorry.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger C said...

CRud..simply sucks! I can't put another spin on it except to say...maybe they will hurry it along now. Either way the lost time sucks big time!
Hugs:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home