Adopting Isaac

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Christmas to Remember

Well, we are back in town. Actually since last night around 11pm. We left for FL Thursday evening and left FL Friday afternoon. My stepdad (who I've known since I was 3 yrs old) had an abnormal chest X-Ray that led to a CAT scan on Wednesday. On Friday my mom called me and said they found a mass, he has cancer. Tuesday the doctor will schedule an appt with the Oncologist and we'll see how far a long it is. The doctor said the mass was about as big as a plum and its near an artery. He has lost 20 lbs in the past couple months and has a cough which the doc said he had pneumonia. Dad is on Augmentin (sp?) that is really killing his apitite lately. Usually he is the garbage disposal at the table, up until today he had been eating 3 waffles and thats about it all day. I think his tastebuds are messed up because things that taste fine and that he would usually like tastes terrible to him. Today I tricked him into eating 3 waffles with syrup for breakfast and he didnt eat anything until dinner, but my uncle and aunt came over for dinner and dad wanted steak, potatoes, and salad; so thats what we ate (I didnt complain, its my favorite meal too!). He ate all of his steak and two helpings of mashed potatoes. So far he is doing well and doesnt feel sick. He has been sleeping most of the day, amazingly he's up right now as I type, watching TV. We spent the night at my parents last night when we got into town and I'm spending the night tonight on the request of dad. Court is at home tonight because it makes no sense to go back and forth to take care of Joplin; Guinan is over here.


I feel bad for Courtney because this is the first Christmas where she isnt doing anything and one of the very few she hasn't spent with her family. This was also going to be the first time I really spent time with her mother and father. I know she wants to be there and be here too. She's been great with me staying with my family and taking care of Joplin. I'm very lucky to have her, don't know what I'd do without her (dont mean to make everyone puke hehe). Anyway, we told Christine and her family that we would come down in January and have a Christmas then, big dinner, presents and everything. Besides isn't there controversy on when Jesus was born anyway? We could actually be celebrating it in the correct month! lol.

Well, thats it. Just wanted to update everyone... this is really hard but I'm really glad now that we are adopting, dad loves kids and I'd love for him to be able to spend time with his grandson.

-S

4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

I'm so sorry about your dad's illness, S. I hope whatever treatments he chooses are successful and he has lots of time to get to know his grandson. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays!

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger battynurse said...

I'm so sorry about your dad's illness. I hope that upcoming appointments give you good news as far as treatment goes. Yes, the Augmenten will affect his taste of things. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I will be sending healing prayers to you and your dad. I hope that any upcoming news is good news. Blessings to you.
Merry Christmas

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry Sar. If I can do anything let me know. Yes, you are lucky to have C and vice versa (smile).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home