Adopting Isaac

Friday, January 19, 2007

Yes, We're Still Alive :D

We haven't posted in OMG 9 days... but nothing has really happened... until today and its not much so please don't get your hopes up.

I called the Home Study agency again because its been over about two weeks since the social worker said she would get in touch with the lady at USCIS about the I600A/missing home study debacle. Her assistant gave me this lame excuse about "oh she does interviews with families all over the state and sometimes she doesnt get in until 10pm and blah blah blah". I was way nicer then I should have been... so she goes on to say "maybe you should follow up with her..." exsqueeze me? baking powder?(any of you guys get that?? lol) you guys mess up and you want me to fix it?? ugh, fine I say. So I call the lady at the USCIS and bam, mailbox is full... crap. So I email her... and yes, i CC'd the HS agency, you better believe I let the lady know that this was not my fault... literally 2 minutes later (and I have the email to prove the time stamp if you don't believe me) I get an email back from her. She says, "write back in a week, it hasn't had time to get in your file". O_O you have to be joking. It was overnighted 2 weeks ago! Ok, I understand that its not the fault of the USCIS and Atlanta is the "hub" for all of the adoptions taking place in the Southeast, but it takes 3+ weeks to go through the mail?? wow... ok fine... but now i'm thinking how come I'm getting excuses from my HS agency saying that they dont have time to contact USCIS but I get an email back in 2 minutes???? Am I being lied to? At this point I don't care if I'm at the bottom of the list for processing, i just wanna know that the HS got there, its ok, and its in my file and I'm in line to be processed. Gah, waiting sucks.

In other news, my dad is responding well to chemo... thats a good thing. He also likes Slim Fast so he's drinking about 8 of those a day, low in fat so his digestive tract and stomach dont reject it and push it back up, but high in calories and vitamins. He is getting about 2800 calories a day from those, plus whatever small amount of food he is eating. Saturday, me, mom, dad and Court are going up to the Bass Pro Shop to get us all fishing licenses. My sisters and brother in law come in from Texas this Saturday or Sunday (they are driving and not sure when they are going to leave) and that next Friday or Saturday we are all going to take him up to the lake to go fishing and hopefully he will feel ok and possibly rent a cabin. He has another 6 hour round of chemo on the 25th so we will see.

ttfn!

-S

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM , Blogger singletracey said...

Glad to see there was an update when I checking in on ya this morning! How frustrating.. But I can totally understand you being overly nice.. you dont want to piss anyone off.. you just want to know WTF is going on!

I hope you get some answers and clarification soon sweetie!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Beg your pardon?? :) EEEK! I would be swearing up a STORM!! Sounds just incredibly frustrating. I SO hope you get the news you need soon.

Glad your pops is responding well. A fishing trip sounds excellent for him and your family. Hope it works out!!

 
At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adopting in Ontario, I have no idea what all these forms are that are giving you such a hard time, but I soooo hope things clear up and you get your referral much sooner than expected!!
God bless,
L.
PS: I find out the court date and travel date to get Kaia in Ethiopia, TOMORROW!!! :)

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger battynurse said...

I'm sorry that all this paperwork with your adoption is going so slow. Hopefully it will all fall together just right and you will have your referral very soon. I'm glad that your dad is responding well. Take care.

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger C said...

So Happy to see an update, Thanks for taking the time to post. We are cheering for you both!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home