Adopting Isaac

Friday, January 05, 2007

I600A and Missing Home Study cont...

Still haven't heard from the I600A woman. Last time I emailed her she got right back to me both by phone and email which leads me to believe that she is out of town. I talked to my social worker yesterday and she said she left a message and hasn't heard back from her yet but assured me that she would let me know when she talks to her.

On another note, my step dad is starting chemo Monday morning. Originally he was supposed to find out his results of the PET scan, lung biopsy and MRI on the 11th. But the oncologist called and scheduled an appointment today. Turns out he has cancer throughout his body (not his brain though). They estimate that with chemo (6 hours every two weeks indefinitely) he has about a year to live. This is truly one of the saddest days of my life. I can't go over there until this cold goes away because he has pneumonia and the last thing I want to do is expose him to this. Hopefully it will go away soon so I can go over there. This makes me want to get Caleb that much sooner. The first time he asked me if we were choosing a boy or a girl and I told a boy he said "good, now I'll have a fishing buddy" I really want him to take Caleb fishing, ugh I'm starting to cry again.

Thats it for now.

-S

8 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry. That's awful news about dad. I do hope you get better soon, and that you can go see him. I'll put extra good thoughts into both his comfort and Caleb's expedited arrival! Take care, dear.

 
At 12:43 AM , Blogger battynurse said...

I am so sorry about the news about your dad. That is truly horrible. Hopefully Caleb will arrive even quicker than planned and I hope your dad feels as good as possible, for as long as possible. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your Step-Dad. I pray that Caleb gets here soon and he can spend some time with your step-dad. That would be very nice. Take care of yourself and I hope your cold gets better. Keep us posted on your step-dad and the paperwork on Caleb!

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

You are in my thoughts. Im so sorry.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger C said...

I am so very sorry. You are in my prayers. I want to share that all medical news is not always definative. I have lived this...my Moms orginal 1 year to live diagnosis is now 11 years & counting. Please feel free to vent or chat or e-mail if you would ever like to. All your cyber-buddies care about you & wish your Dad an amazing recovery.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger singletracey said...

UGH.. I am sorry.. what a horrible day. I understand your want to get Caleb quickly not just for yourself.. because you know he will bring Joy to EVERYONE you love.

Stay strong sweetie!

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger S&C said...

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your positive outlook on this situation. He looked good today and seemed positive when we went over for dinner. He went by the hobby shop and got an RC airplane lol. Thanks again!!

-S

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger SJayneI said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know all too well how hard it is to watch someone you love struggle with the evil Cancer. If you need anything or just to talk, let me know. My e-mail is SJIngersoll@GMail.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home