Adopting Isaac

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Adoption Agency is on it!

So yesterday I scanned the I-797 (which is the new name for the I-171h which is the approved I600A)and sent it to the adoption agency because of the Guatemala City thing. I got a reply this morning and she did confirm that this is a mess up, that it should have been sent to Addis Ababa and she would get someone on it first thing Monday morning! She also said that it had happened before and she doesn't recall it being a big deal to get it resent. I feel a lot better knowing that the agency knows whats up and what to do to fix it. I thought it was going to be a stressful weekend, but i feel a little better, and I'm REALLY glad she checks her email on Saturdays! I love our agency. When the social worker/ homestudy people messed up we had to fix it ourselves and it took a month and a lot of stress/drama. This time we notified our agency of the mess up (which is not their fault)and they replied on a Saturday we will take care of it on Monday. They are the bomb!

On another note, we took the puppies to Petsmart for the adoption, I was so sad to see them go but I know they will be happy wherever they end up. Judy (the coordinator)is going to call at 3:30 (when it ends) and if they weren't adopted, we can take them back if we want. Here's hoping that someone with a big yard a good family adopts the pups :)

-S

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Phew! I was worried there for a second... So glad they're taking care of it. I hope it's expedited!! Good luck!!!

 
At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh what drma with the paper work! I don;t even KNOW what ANY of these forms are. We don;t have them in Canada, and my dears, I am soooo glad b/c I hate the paper chase and would have pulled out every hair I have by now!
You are so amzing, especially with all going on with your Dad etc, through all of this!
here's to a MUCH smoother ride,now!!
Blessings,
L.
http://www.toadfire.com/blog_full.jsp?blogID=3152

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Well thats good news, they are awesome! Its nice to have the help im sure:)

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Your agency rocks!

I hope the pups got good homes.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad they are fixing it... wow you guys have had a lot to deal with.. I can't wait until little Caleb is in yours arms so that is will make it all worth it! Hang in there girls.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home