Adopting Isaac

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dad Update

Well, this past Thursday dad has his third round of chemo. Surprisingly, the day of chemo he told my mom that he had a hankering for fried pork chops. So my mom took him to Folks (restaurant here that server typical southern food like hush puppies and turnip greens among other stuff) and he ate 2 pork chops and mashed potatoes! Then they went to the grocery store and we didn't have to use the wheelchair. I called my mom the next day to see if they wanted to go to dinner and she said dad was feeling pork chops again so we (me, court, mom, dad, mitch (brother), ashley (brothers g/f) and vanessa (friend of the family)) went and he ate again! I had some hope :) but then the next day he wasn't feeling well, same stuff again... tired, only drinks his nutritional shakes and a couple pieces of toast all day. Monday mom stayed home from work because Sat and Sun they had been up all night with vomiting and diarrhea. I talked to my mom yesterday and it was the same stuff as usual, he sleeps a lot and doesn't eat much. I wish he could have the shot of Procrit everyday. He is still very positive which is so wonderful! If anything changes I will surely post.

-S

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger battynurse said...

I'm glad that your dad had a couple of days of feeling better. From what I've seen this is pretty typical during chemo. Are they giving him any anti nausea meds to take with his chemo? Hopefully so. I hope that it all continues to go well for him.

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Im sorry to hear that things are so up and down for him. Hopefully it will be over soon :) I'll keep him im my prayers.

I did a double take at your baby waiting ticker! Only two months, thats going to fly by:) Im so thrilled for you.

 
At 12:49 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

What a drag! I hope he starts having more of those good "pork chop days" soon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home