Adopting Isaac

Monday, December 18, 2006

Savta is now Nana and other names

So Sari's mom (she is the very supportive grandmother) now wants to be called Nana (pronounced like NahNah) instead of Savta. I don’t mind the change it shows me how much she cares and is thinking about it. Just wanted to update ya’ll so now when you read Nana its Grandma :-) Or when Caleb is reading this in the future he will know how much we all thought about him before he came to us :-)

Also I don’t know if we ever wrote about what we are going to be called? DP wants to be called Ima (pronounced eemah)(its the Hebrew word for mother) and I want to be MamaC (that’s what I call myself to the dogs and it stuck) I think its kinda cool that none of us get the traditional mother or mama title. We are not the traditional family :-) Although who knows whatever Caleb calls us might stick LOL.
Maybe I will start calling Sari Ima and myself MamaC on the blog? Maybe get into the hang of it? Naw that might be strange?!?!? A little too real :-)

-C (MamaC)

5 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger The Mother Hen said...

My in laws wanted to be called grammy and grandpa. We called them that in the beginning but when my ds tried, it came out Mimi and Pa. That's what stuck and the rest of the kids called them the same. Whatever Caleb calls each of you will stick, because it's his own special name and you will find it adorable.

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I just told Sari that MamaC is so close to Mamacita, as in "Heeyyyyy Mamacita!". That's cute. So neat that you are all thinking about these things...making it so real.

 
At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will have his own names for each of you for a while, and you will smile each time you hear it!
My dad wants to be called Pop-Pop, but my son calls him "Top-Tah". My MIL has been "Gaah-gaw" for several months now.
Me? I'm not Mama, I'm "Nonna".

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nana is so sweet. I love Ima! It's lovely sound. MamaC? Like Momma See? That's cool too.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger C said...

awwww.....just think...Caleb will be here before you know it and whatever he calls you will make your heart melt. Have you decided on a "theme" for his room?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home