Adopting Isaac

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Telling the big news

When telling people the big news of our adoption we thought we knew what to expect. Sari and I had talked about it “so and so is going to be so excited” “so and so might have a problem with the transracial thing” Sari and I had no idea how wrong we would be. I guess when telling people big news you just never know what to expect. The people we though would flip out where so laid back and the people we thought would be laid back got all excited. We have people from work or friend of a friend giving us little baby gifts or baby hand me downs and some of our closest friends and family have hardly said anything, I think a lot of it has to do with not believing. It’s not like being pregnant so a lot of people might have a hard time actually seeing it happening. Well I got news for ya’ll it is LOL. I know once the child gets here we will have a great support system from all our loved ones and I know it’s a little extreme to ask people to get excited about this as we are. It’s just hard when we want to share the biggest thing that’s happened to us ever! Well that might be a little extreme but you know what I mean LOL.
-C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home