Adopting Isaac

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why adoption why Ethiopia??

We started adoption after 11 cycles ttc.

TTC went like this for us:

#1 IUI with unknown donor NW599 12 hours after + OPK. BFP 13dpo with FRER started bleeding chemical pregnancy.

#2 IUI with unknown donor NW300 12,24,36 after +OPK bfn.

#3 IUI unknown donor NW300 12,24,36 after + OPK tried preseed bfn.

#4 ICI known donor day of + OPK with instead cup. BFP 16dpo started bleeding right away but did not miscarry till 8 weeks.

#5 IUI with unknown donor NW599 24 after + OPK clomid 50mg 5-9 bfn.

#6 ICI known donor bfn.

#7 ICI known donor bfn

#8 ICI known donor bfn

#9 Doctor assisted IUI unknown donor Xytex 24,48 hours after HCG shot clomid 50mg 4-8 two good eggs bfn.

#10 Doctor assisted IUI unknown donor NW3375 17 hours after HCG shot clomid 100mg 5-9 one good egg. BFP 10dpo started bleeding chemical.

#11 IUI with unknown donor NW025 17 and 36 hours after + OPK 50mg clomid 4-8 and preseed. BFP 14dpo started bleeding chemical pregnancy.

So you can see why we moved to adoption. Honest to god we wanted to adopt from the get go but thought I would get prego right away and ttc would be cheaper. Then after we started the obsession to get pregnant took over me. Pregnancy tests became my drug of choice. I am so happy I got off the sauce of peeing in cups LOL

We actually get asked why Ethiopia all the time.

The transracial books I have read said the best answer to that question is “why not Ethiopia” The truth is it started off by process of elimination. 1st where can a single women adopt 2nd cost 3rd age of child. By time we where done with all that we where left with Ethiopia. Don’t get me wrong we have felt called to help Africa for a long time. By donating money, time and food. We didn’t know our calling to help would lead us to adopt as well. As every step of the adoption goes and with everything new I learn about Ethiopia I know we made the right choice! Except for the food!! It made me so sick LOL. I have a feeling I might lose 10 pounds on our trip to Ethiopia. Which is fine by me.

-C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home