Adopting Isaac

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Our Reasons

Some people have asked why we decided to adopt from Ethiopia. I think I might have posted on this already but I will post again :)


We chose Ethiopia after a long time deciding and going over pros and cons of each country. The biggest reason is we looked at some statistics of the adoptions from Africa vs other countries and they were staggeringly low, one of the places that needs it the most. Skin color was never a factor to us and neither was Angelina Jolie but I really do applaud her. Just her status as a celebrity has raised awareness and visa's for children from Ethiopia have gone up dramatically since she adopted Zahara.
Another factor was money, Ethiopia was one of the countries that we could afford. I hope that doesn't sound bad to you guys but we all know in almost every decision money is taken into consideration. Also Ethiopia is one of the countries that you can get babies. :)

And those are the reasons :)

Have a good rest of the weekend guys!!

-S

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger battynurse said...

Thanks for posting that as I had been wondering but a little afraid to ask. I am thinking about the adoption avenue again as I'm scared the TTC isn't going to work. I'm not giving up yet, just looking at all options. I agree that affordability is a big factor. I had decided before on one country and it now looks as if I will end up going with a different country if I go the adoption route.

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good information! Thanks!

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Yep, sounds familiar! :)

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Supermom said...

I am so hoping it comes today or tomorrow! You must be going out of your mind right now! I'll be thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home