Adopting Isaac

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

6 months

6 months today our dossier was sent to Ethiopia. I never thought I would make it this far without a referral. I should not be too terribly surprised when I think about it in months most people with our agency wait 6 months for a referral... I am surprised at how hard it is and I am terribley nervous we will not make it before courts close. Seriously it’s in the back of my mind all the time everything I do I am secretly thinking about courts closing. We are still doing a pretty good job at attempting to stay busy, we are painting the hall this week and S's dad comes into town in 2 weeks. I have gotten to a point where I really don’t care when I get a referral as long as it’s before courts close!!!

9 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger battynurse said...

I'm sure it must be constantly in the back of your mind that you need the referral before the courts close. That must be nerve wracking. I hope that you do get the referral before they close and that it's soon.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Kimmyann said...

How long do the courts close for?

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Hang in there, it is coming.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

I've been thinking about you guys so much!! I can't imagine how antsy you're getting - staying busy is definitely the way to do it!! I know it's hard, but hang in there!!

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I wouldnt be able to stand it either! Im sure its on the way :) Chin up

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, like kimmyann asked... how long do the courts close? You guys will have developed so much patience after this you won't know what to do with it! I am really hoping you get your referral before the courts close!

 
At 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kimmyann:
The deadline is July 1st for the courts closing. Big prayers for you girls!
btw kimmyann - love your name, it's the nickname I use for my sister. <3

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

I'm hoping really hard for you gals! This wait must be really hard. Wishing you the very best!!

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Stacie said...

It's always in the back of my mind too! Not happy about those court closures, but supposedly they're staying open until August 5th this year, so that gives us all a bit more time. Good luck & I hope you get your referral very, very soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home