Adopting Isaac

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Life and Times of a Dossier

So I just got off the phone with the agency and she said my dossier was sent off (overnighted) yesterday! YAY! Well, its not as straightforward as I thought it would be... here is how the dossier travels

1) Dossier is looked at by the agency
2) Good looking dossier is sent to the Department of State in Washington, DC
3) Dossier is then overnighted to the Ethiopian Embassy here in the USA
4) Accepted Dossier is sent back to the Agency
That process takes about 2 weeks. then...
1) Dossier is prepared by agency
2) Dossier is sent to Ethiopia
That process takes around 5 days (1 day to process, 4 days to get to Ethiopia)

So I guess the question is when does our wait really start? Is it when the dossier arrives in Ethiopia or when it arrived at the agency a little over a week ago? Either way i'm glad something is happening!!

-S

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger C said...

Ladies, I feel you here. My closest friends that have adopted Internationally (twice) call this phase...PAPERCHASING...which is just what it is. Come on papers...get to the right hands fast & get to Ethiopia faster than a speeding bullet!

 
At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys that you're at this stage! :D I remember when you weren't even off the waiting list. This is so awesome!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home