Adopting Isaac

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Eve

Well, after years of waiting and finally giving them an ultimatum, Courtney's parents have invited BOTH of us to Christmas Eve dinner!! "Wow, omg no way, you're lying" was my first reaction. But its official. This will be the first time in 7 years that I've officially met her parents. I couldn't be more nervous about it! But this is a really good thing. I've always wanted her parents to be involved in their grandchild's and our life and it looks to be starting down that path. I hope I make a good impression lol. We planned to go down to FL and spend Christmas with her sisters and brother in law anyway. So we will be spending Christmas day at her sisters house. Wow guys, i feel really good/nervous right now. We've got a month to ponder, hopefully by that time we'll be ready. Think of us briefly around that time :)

-S

6 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger battynurse said...

Wow, that's a big step for everyone. Good luck and try not to be too nervous. yeah, right. I know. I hope this is the beginning of a great relationship with her patents.

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great. A step in the right direction. I know how difficult that it can be to feel like you are not a part of something.

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger singletracey said...

Awesome news.. I am so happy for you! Maybe they are realizing that they are missing out on their daughters happiness and meeting the fabulous women that brings her that happiness!

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knock em dead! :-) I'm so glad for you guys.

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck! Just be confident and proud and maybe they will finally realize how happy you make their daughter!!!

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Yay! It's certainly about time... I hope you guys have a terrific time. I'm sure you'll do just fine!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home