Adopting Isaac

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Guinan the best fur baby in town

Guinan my fur baby kicks butt!!! Bella is a 2 ½ little girl who we see once a week (or as much as possible) Bella is a very active, very small (still in 1 year clothing) little girl to my best friend Rachel. Every time they come over I put the dogs up. Not that I don’t trust them it’s just that the room can only take so much hyper in it LOL. So yesterday for the first time ever I let Guinan out with them over. She was the BEST dog you ever saw. She is a 90 pound lab who loves her toys. When I play tug with the rope she just about pulls my arm off. She was playing tug with Bella yesterday and was the sweetest thing you ever saw. She would grab the rope with her front teeth and just pull ever so gently. Then when Bella would win (how sweet is it that giunan to let bella win.. she never lets me win) Bella would run around the coffee table and Guinan would chase her (at only half guinans full speed) I have never seen a dog act like this around a child. Nevertheless my crazy hyper dog. I cant wait for Isaac and Guinan to be best friends :-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


On other news. We are on the top ten list waiting for referral (we think including families wanting other children and girls) So hopefully still on track for May

8 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Sounds like Guinan is going to be a great big brother! :) Our 95 lb. Sophie is the same way - will pull my arm off but knows to be gentle with Benjamin!

YEA for the top 10!! Sounds like you're definitely still on track for May!! :)

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

Our LARGE yellow lab, Honey, has been very gentle with Grace too. Even though Honey is 7, she still acts like a rambunctious puppy most of the time. When it comes to dealing with the baby though, she just seems to know that special patience, tolerance and calm are required. I'm so pleased to hear that Guinan has that same instinct. Maybe it's a lab thing. 8^)

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger battynurse said...

Aren't animals amazing? It never stops amazing me how they just know the stuff they do. It sounds like your furbaby will be excellent for Isaac. Yay for being in the top 10 for referrals. I'm so excited for you.

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

What a sweet pup. Sounds like Guinan and Isaac will be best buds :)

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Jen said...

What a sweet puppy! I'm hoping that's our normally-hyper 3 yr old cattle dog mix will turn into mush around the baby once it's born. Otherwise poor babe is probably gonna get trompled on! Congrats on the top 10...not long now!!! Your nursery photos look great by the way!

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Guinan is adorable! Sounds like Guinan did great with the little one. We have 4 dogs and we are trying to get them used to being around little ones too!!!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Stacie said...

What a cute, cute furbaby!
She's adorable!! It always makes me happy too when our dogs are good with the little ones. Ours love kids, but sometimes a little too much - they want to be right in their faces (especially if they're in a pumpkin seat) and give them kisses. It will be an adjustment when our little ones get here! :)
Stacie

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Sweet dog! I don't think my Kobi has that kind of sense. Guinan will be wonderful with Isaac!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home