Adopting Isaac

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lions and Tigers and... Elephants?! OH MY!

We are dying to do the babies room. Sari sent me an email a couple days ago saying "what are you doing this weekend want to start the baby's room?" It feels way too early for that. Even though I have had the room picked out for a year. Even compared paint colors LOL. If we were prego we wouldn't start the room with 6 months left, why should adoption be any different? But then we look on the internet and I have to say 75% of adoptive families have their baby's room done even when they have more than 6 months left. So I think we will start after the dossier is finished probably November. I hope looking at an almost complete baby room everyday for 4 months or more doesn't drive me crazy!

6 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney- if you're crazy for wanting to decorate 6 mos out, then I am absolutely nuts; I just bought "What To Expect When You're Expecting" at the used bookstore, and when Stephen came home and saw it, he was like, "you got something to tell me?" lol I told him, no, just knew I would buy it eventually. I think having the room ready will make it real for everyone. And the adoption will happen, if not as soon as hoped, then a little while later. But of course we're all hoping for sooner!!!! :-)

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger S&C said...

Well I guess we are not too crazy LOL I think we are going to start the weekend of November 17th.
Thanks :-)

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww! Get the room started. Get paint on your noses and grin at each other with your joy! Buy the blue things and the boy things. Love every moment of it. Stand in there when you are near done and hold each other silently imagining the babe that will soon occupy this great space. This space you have made together. Then, post the snaps so I am not going nutts! LOL! Get busy! Buy books! I read what you wrote on my blog about the Adoption Leave. I want you to either go to the library or buy this book. The book is pretty helpful and I recommend it.

 
At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not crazy, Courtney! :D Doing up the baby's room will make it seem so much more real. We did Adriana's nursery bit by bit, so that when we were at the end of the paperwork, we went out and bought the last of it to celebrate being done! :D The end of this week, my husband is taking three days off work to build her changing table/dresser, and then we will be ALL done. Scary, but exciting! :) Hugs to you!!

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger S&C said...

Thanks ya’ll!! Now i dont feel so crazy :-)
We are going to start when we get back from telling my family in about 2 weeks! I will post pictures ASAP!
-C

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger S&C said...

Oh and Sandy thanks for stopping by :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home