Adopting Isaac

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Approval is (FINALLY) in Addis!!!

Got an email from my agency, its confirmed, my 1-797 (approval) is in Addis! Yay!! I feel like a huge weight is lifted. Now we just wait...

For those who don't know, or need a recap... in September we sent off the I-600a, that is the Petition for Orphan Adoption... basically its the US Govt approving you to adopt. When they approve you, they send you the I-797 form and also send that to the country you are adopting from. This process should take around 3 months. Finally wrapped up and confirmed by Ethiopia at 7 months.

1st problem: Home Study was never sent to USCIS (found this out 3 months AFTER the fact)
2nd problem: Approval was sent to the WRONG country.

So finally we are ALL done its fixed and in Ethiopia :-)


-S

9 Comments:

At 2:38 PM , Blogger SJayneI said...

Yay!! Congratulations.......now, you relaz and wait, right?

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger JF said...

Congratulations! I hope the next few weeks go quickly.

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thank GOD, Caleb's arrival is only around the corner :) I can hardly wait to see all the pictures and hear all about it. Congrats!

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Kimmyann said...

Whooopeee! Congratulations..what a relief for you. Next stop..REFERRAL!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys. I know the wait has been horrible... but it will be soooo worth it when you have him in your arms!

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Deena said...

YEAH! Congrats. Very soon you will be holding your baby boy Caleb in your arms...
I bet this is worse than the TWW!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger battynurse said...

yay!!! Congrats on it being all done. We are all waiting with you to see that wonderful little boy.

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*exhales breath* whewwww...

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

YEA!!! About time!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home